BUSINESS PROCESS – AUTOMATED WORKFLOW
Businesses depend on business processes. The most important processes in many organizations depend on people. Automating interactions among the people who participate in a process can improve how that process functions, increasing its efficiency and lowering its error rate. Using software that supports this kind of human workflow can make organizations more effective not just from a technology standpoint, but also from organizational, cross-functional and business perspectives.
Commonly Automated Workflow Processes
- Employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Employee expense reimbursement
- Procurement requisition
- Human resource forms processing and personnel requests
- Records management
The benefits of BP-AW (Business Process – Automated Workflow) are tangible and intangible. The most common BP-AW based benefits are:
- Efficiency: BP-AW will standardize, centralize and streamline the processes, including the capability to accept electronic signatures. BP-AW improves your process efficiency by a great margin. It does this by integrating your business process ends right from process initiation to execution. Each time a process is created, appropriate tasks will be created automatically and distributes work to the individual who is responsible for completing that tasks; an alert reaches them through an email. A process owner, through his user interface, will be able to monitor any delays and resend the alerts. Thus BP-AW helps in removing bottlenecks and brings down the lead time in executing a business process and improves its efficiency.
- Productivity: If you are a process owner, you must be aware that allocating process tasks and delivering appropriate and timely requests to individuals with the right data to complete that task is crucial. Getting the allocation part right and providing the required data to the individual to execute their assigned tasks would mean an increase in productivity. BP-AW eliminates the dreaded paperwork processes by transmitting data electronically to the back office staff which will improve the work completion time. By delivering appropriate, timely requests and transmitting the data electronically, the back office staff will use minimal time in completing a task. You will be able to execute multiple BP-AW based projects and see an increase in productivity.
- Costs & Revenue: The costs related to execution of a business process decrease due to process improvement, workforce productivity and process efficiency. If we compare the cut down on operational costs after deployment of BP-AW, the initial investment into BP-AW will seem negligible. Decrease in lead time (due to elimination of bottlenecks) will have a positive impact on time to market the product. Eliminating the dreaded paperwork, delivering appropriate and timely requests to back office staff, and transmitting data electronically, including the capability to accept electronic signatures, will cut down your operation costs drastically.
- Agility: There has always been a need to change an organization’s business practice to keep up with the changing market conditions. BP-AW suite easily modifies the workflow and integrates the new business changes when needed with no halt in the execution of a business process . The process owner will be able to track and make changes on the fly and reallocate work or redefine roles of the BPM users. Thus, increasing the ability to adapt to any unstable conditions.